Airtel was once the king of telecom industry in India but after the introduction of JIO, the competition has only been intensified.
But customer remains the king. If he is not satisfied with any of the services provided by Telecom Company like Airtel, JIO, Vodafone, Idea, Reliance etc, he/she may make consumer complaint to Chandigarh, Panchkula, and Mohali District Consumer Forum.
Exactly what happened here. Facts of the Case:
- Complainant requested for safe custody of his premium fixed line connection from 07.04.2018 to 05.07.2018 as he was out of the country.
- He paid bill up to 06.04.2018 but when the complainant was in Thailand on 21.06.2018, Airtel raised the bill of Rs. 2,003.46.
- Complainant protested the bill and raised complaint via email and requested for safe custody till sept 22, 2018 (three more months).
- Airtel took the request of complainant lightly and later issued bill of Rs. 4,550 on Sept 25 with warning that connection be disconnected.
- Later Airtel Disconnected the connection and asked to pay Rs. 4,550/- for restoring the connection.
Later District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, Panchkula found Bharti Airtel Limited, IT Park Chandigarh deficient in services and directed them to pay Rs.4, 256 @ 9% per annum along with compensation of Rs.5, 500 to the complainant on account of mental pain & litigation cost.
One must speak to best/top consumer Lawyer/ Advocate for case specific advice in case of deficient services against telecom companies like Airtel, Vodafone, JIO, Idea, Reliance etc.
For more info, please Dial- 99888-17966.