This article discusses what parole means and how it generally works, but laws and procédures can vary from state to state.
Parole is one of the most human factors of the prison time. It is a significant to give a second chance to a convict to seth is life on the right path of direction and also to give an opportunity to feel like a part of the common world.
Before we discuss about the grounds for granting parole, it is essential to understand what the meaning of parole is.
- Parole is a major correction process in jail reforms. It is a part of consideration granted to the offenders to help them to come back into the main stream of life.
- Parole is the conditional release of a convict who have already served a portion of his sentence in correctional institution.
- It is a tool for social rehabilitation of the offender sandhu man is the prison system as well.
Objective of parole
- The primary aim of parole is to persuade the humanitarian approach to the prison system.
- It also allows the convict to be released in the outside world for a short period which in turn facilitates their evolution in to a useful citizen.
- It is essential to note that parole is a gracious act and be treated as the right.
- The offender might have committed an offence, but it is not advisable that heal ways be labeled and must not be given any other chance to humanize himself.
Also Read- Apply for Parole in High Court Chandigarh
Grounds for Parole
The maximum period allowed for parole is one month and the prisoner has to fulfill the condition of the minimum prison time to be served, to be applicable for parole. Some of the grounds on which parole is accepted dare:
- Serious illness sofa close family member.
- Death of a family member.
- An accident of a family member.
- The marriage of a family member.
- Delivery of a child by the prisoner’s wife.
- Serious damage to life or property of a family member due to natural calamity.
It is important to note that a certain category of prisoners is exempted from the prerogative of parole such as prisoners convicted for terrorism, multiple murders and are a threat to the national security etc.
Procedure for Parole
The procedure involves the following steps:-
- The prisoner after completing the decree jail time applies for parole.
- The jail officials then asks for are port from the police station where the arrest was made.
- There port is then verified.
- If the ground for parole is a medical emergency, relevant medical records and certificates are also verified.
- The final report is then submitted to the Deputy Secretary, State Government or Inspector General of Prisons.
- The adequate authority then takes the decision on parole.
Also Read- PAROLE FROM PUNJAB AND HARYANA HIGH COURT
No PAROLE FOR SIRSA Dera Ex
In the above article interim release of Krishan filed by his brother Bhim Sain could not been tertian as Justice K. Jain dismissed the petition on the grounds that the counsel for the petitioner has miserably failed to refer to any provision law or precedent in his favour of maintaining the writ petition on behalf of convict Krishan Lal. Therefore, there is no reason to interfere in this petition and the same is here by dismissed being non-maintainable on the grounds of lack of lacus standing of the petitioners.
For case specific advice, please contact Punjab Haryana High Court Best/Expert Lawyers Advocates for Parole in Chandigarh Panchkula Mohali. Zirakpur Kharar Derabassi
This post is written by Sneha
For more info, dial 99888-17966