In this post we will discuss about Khar murder case wherein the Mumbai Sessions court has rejected the bail application of the accused after the Prosecution opposed bail.
Prosecution opposes bail plea of 18 years old Khar murder case
Facts of case : Diya Padalkar was accused in the murder of her childhood friend Jhanvi kukreja.The body of kukreja who is 19 years old and is a psychology student was found in a pool of blood on the ground floor of Bhagwati heights building in Khar (West) on January 1st. he had gone there with the accused to attend a New year’s party. Padalkar is a second year college student who was arrested along with shree Jogdhankar aged 23.
Contentions of prosecution :
- the special public prosecutor Pradeep gharat set at a victim had the point 48 injuries from head to toe and the majority of them were a grave.
- The prosecution also said that the show they were not caused in a scuffle but inflicted with the intention of causing death.
- Opposing the bail plea of Diya padalkar the prosecution alleged the fact that they suffered injuries in the same incident is a prima facie evidence of their involvement in the crime hence this is sufficient to show that she should not be granted bail.
- the prosecution also alleged that the investigations showed that the trial left the party around 1: 45 am and took the stairs from the 8th It was alleged that the fight started on the fifth floor with the accused of assaulting and dragging the victim.
- The trail of blood stains was found starting from the fifth floor while the murder occurred on the second floor.
- Ring was found on 5th floor while one sandal was found on the 4th floor the second was found on the ground floor. Additional earrings and a hair band were found on the third and second floors.
- Prosecution has also refuted padalkar’s defence that she suffered injuries to her legs as she fell down the stairs.
Contentions of defence:
- it was contended that the victim suffered injuries to her lips as she fell down the stairs.
- Padalkar Alto set in her bed please that she left the party to that she could use the washroom in the second floor flat of the host as she was feeling dizzy and nauseous.
- She further said that she was helped by friends to reach the flat.
The prosecution said that none of the witness supported the claims made by the defence and also feared that is granted bail Padalkar may influence witnesses.
This post is written by Karishma Jain
For case specific advice/bail matter, please be in touch with the best/top/expert Criminal Lawyer Advocate Chandigarh Panchkula Mohali Zirakpur Derabassi.
. For more info, dial 99888-17966.
This post covers topics related to latest judgement of supreme court on regular bail, latest judgement of supreme court on bail, bail rejected by magistrate, bail rejected in sessions court, bail rejected in high court, bail rejected in lower court, bail rejected in session court, grounds for rejection of bail.