This is a news snippet wherein travel firm told to pay rs 82,000 to chandigarh man for failing to get europe tour visa.
A Punjab family who was planning a tour to Europe; but was left over after a member as his visa was not available/ready at the scheduled time. The package had a clause in it ; stating that the entire sum except the insurance cover’s premium would be refunded if the visa was not granted.
VIOLATION OF CONSUMER RIGHTS
WHO IS A CONSUMER?
According to Section 2(d) of the consumer protection act, a consumer is any person who-
(i) buys any goods for a consideration which has been paid or promised or partly paid and partly promised, or under any system of deferred payment, and includes any user of such goods other than the person who buys such goods for consideration paid or promised or partly paid or partly promised, or under any system of deferred payment when such use is made with the approval of such person, but does not include a person who obtains such goods for resale or for any commercial purpose; or
(ii) hires or avails of any services for a consideration which has been paid or promised or partly paid and partly promised, or under any system of deferred payment, and includes any beneficiary of such services other than the person who hires or avails of the services for consideration paid or promised, or partly paid and partly promised, or under any system of deferred payment, when such services are availed of with the approval of the first mentioned person.
Also Read- COMPENSATION IN CASE OF DELAYED FLIGHT
- The complainant is Satinder Pal Singh aged 28 years; resident of Sector 20, Chandigarh.
- He had booked a tour package named “Marvels Of Europe” with the travel company Cox and Kings on July 12, 2019.
- He had paid Rs 1.28 lakh which included Rs 3,000 for insurance cover.
- After repeated follow ups and personal requests only, Rs 59,585 were refunded.
- When all efforts were made by him, he moved to the consumer forum and filed a consumer complaint.
- The forum provided Travel Company with a legal notice, but no one from the company respond to it.
- They preferred to proceed to ex-parte on November 25, 2019.
- This act draws an adverse inference against them and their non-appearance concluded that they have nothing to claim in their defence against the allegations made by the complainant.
- Finally, after going through the evidences, the forum concluded that firstly the agency failed to arrange the visa; secondly after repeated requests and frequent visits, it has not refunded the total paid amount; thirdly after a legal notice; leading to refunding of Rs 59,585 to the complainant without any justification of the due amount.
- Eventually, the forum confirmed that the complaint was genuine and thus ordered the travel agency, Cox and Kings to refund the balance amount and pay Rs 10,000 as compensation and Rs 7,000 as the cost of litigation.
Also Read- Illegal Immigration Firms in Mohali
For case specific advice related to Consumer Complaint against Travel Agencies, Companies, Tour & Travels in Chandigarh Panchkula Mohali, one can connect with best/top/expert Consumer Court case lawyer advocate in Chandigarh Panchkula Mohali Zirakpur Kharar Derabassi Baltana etc.
More on 99888-17966.