3(D) Notification under National Highway Act, 1956 is given after listening to all objections and land goes to Central Government.
The process of awarding compensation to land owners start after this.
FACTS OF THE CASE
- Hoshiarpur Chintpurni Bypass, Hoshiarpur Tehsildar writes to SDM on 15.02.2018, out of 76 cases of land in 15 villages of Hoshiarpur, for 27 acres of land, nature of land has been changed after 3 (D) notification.
- Alleging foul play, departmental inquiry is initiated against SDM who was Competent Authority for Land Acquisition (CALA) in 2014 which is still pending.
- Vigiland then registered FIR against SAD leaders and SDM for changing the nature of land from “agriculture” to “residential” to pocket higher compensation from the government.
- On changing the nature of land, 40 objections were received in 21 days and all were rejected in October, 2015.
- Now the vigilance bureau has given a clean chit to the accused by submitting closure report citing 3D notification as an incorrect interpretation of the Act.
- SDM role has to be seen in the scam as on one hand he rejected the applications and on the other hand he paid hefty amount for variation certificate.
- Even vigilance overlooked and ignored this fact to give relief to the accused.
- SDM Anand Sagar got bail from High Court on August 09, 2017.
- The probe was started by the then Chief Minister, Prakash Singh Badal. Local commissioner appointed by the High Court then submitted report that compensation was proper and as per the nature of land in existence. The SIT was disallowed to file chargesheet.
- On May 25, 2018, second SIT was formed which submitted a closure report on June, 2019 in Ludhiana Court giving clean chit to all the accused.
- A parallel investigation has been initiated by the Enforcement Directorate and all 3 leaders are required to appear for custodial interrogation.
Now let us see how the scam proceeds further with the intervention the Central Government agencies.
For subject specific advice, one may call top/ best PMLA/ED Lawyer in Chandigarh, Panchkula and Mohali
For more information, please dial 9988817966.