Despite of so much of awareness by government and media, still people take chance and get duped by these fraudsters running the immigration firms illegally.
Also Read- Consumer Court or Police Complaint?
The latest case:-
- Mandeep Singh, resident of Rampur Sainain Derabassi got nabbed.
- No requisite permission for running business
- Booked under section 420 (cheating) & immigration Act but later released on bail. As the provisions provides it.
- Other accused is Sukhwinder Singh who also took 1.5 lac on pretext of sending complainant abroad for job purpose.
The accused in this case is yet to be arrested.
Students and other professionals eager to go abroad must check:
- The legal states of firm whether registered or not.
- Pending Police cases with local police.
- Written paperwork in lieu of services being offered.
- Feedback of those who were sent abroad.
Also Read- Cheating and Immigration Fraud
One must be diligent and extra cautious when playing with money as the service offered are mostly not documented and this may lead to disputes later turning into a police complaint. Do run a background check of firms, check with SSP office regarding previous complaints, search for their registration details online and then take the risk.
Also Read- Illegal Immigration Firms in Mohali
May be that you can secure the chance.
Rest, in case of doubt seeks advice of Best Immigration Lawyer in Chandigarh, Panchkula, and Mohali. More info, dial 9988817966