We have seen on many occasions sports quota applicants knocking on the doors of Punjab & Haryana High Court when there is injustice meted out to them in one or the other form.
Be it for:
- Appointment of DSP in Sports Quota in State (Punjab & Haryana)
- Consideration for the post who took mountaineering expedition
- Consideration for post on parity with others.
Here in this case, following Law point was laid down –
- If the sports event was held prior to issuance of advertisement, the applicant to be considered irrelevant of fact, graduation certificate was issued later.
- Here the sports event occurred prior to the date of cut-off for applying.
- Also the condition of recruitment was to produce graduation certificate at the time of interview.
- Thus the person was found eligible for selection under the Outstanding Sports Person (OSP) general category.
- The advertisement pertains to Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC) dated 18.05.2017 for selection on 2,038 posts of heavy vehicle driver, for which 20 posts for reserved for OSP General Category.
- Written exam held on:
- 6th August 2017
- 14th November 2017 Verification of Documents during this time it was found that petitioner don’t have Sports Graduation Certificate
- Reasoning by Chandigarh High Court: The sports meet was done prior to cut-off date. Hence eligible for recruitment.
Decision – National appointment to petitioner from the date of juniors joining duty along with all consequential.
Rest, for case specific advice, please call Top/Best/Expert Service Lawyer of Punjab & Haryana High Court Chandigarh.
For more, call 99888-17966