- No SHO in charge of a police station shall be posted in his home sub division.
- No upper or lower subordinate shall remain posted in the same district after registration of criminal case against him / her in the district.
- The minimum tenure of a SHO in charge of a police station shall be one year which can be extended up to three years by the concerned SP.
- Police officer not below the rank of Sub Inspector shall be posted as SHO.
- The tenure of CIA and in charge of special staff shall be one year extend to maximum of three years by CP/ SSP.
- The tenure of upper subordinates posted in a police station shall ordinarily be three years which may be extended to five years by concerned SSP/ CP.
- Normal tenure for posting of constables and head constable in a police station shall be three years.
- Upper subordinates who have completed eight years in district will be transferred to another district within a range by the range IG / DIG.
Transfer Of DSP In Chandigarh.
Home and police department of the Chandigarh administration tried to convince the MHA that they should bring all the Chandigarh DSP under the purview of MHA to include them in DANIPS instead of Punjab Police rule as Chandigarh is a union territory.
And thus they can be transferred to any Union territory of India.
For any subject specific advice, please dial 7888-356908 for LegalSeva.