One must fill the forms of Class 10th with utter caution as the CBSE Board class 10th Certificate is treated as a master proof for date of birth for all intended purposes. One mistake here and there can wreck your professional life forward.

Teachers also must exercise diligence while asking students to check their names on the roll before sending to the CBSE. The error must be sought at the first instance or it will be a lengthy process .

But what to do when the error has finally cropped up?

The remedy lies to High Court under WRIT Jurisdiction and if the issue is within one year then Civil Courts can also be approached.

Recently a student of Ryan school Chandigarh moved the application for mandatory injunction seeking directions for correcting the surname on his result card and mark sheet.

Read story here.

CBSE Name Change from Court
CBSE Name Change from Court

The surname of the student was changed from Bhardwaj to Bharadwaj. The passport , Aadhaar and date of birth all carried the former whereas later was included in CBSE class 10th marksheet, Admit Card and transfer certificates which could lead to all possible future problems.

The court observed that the respondent CBSE was clearly at fault and the student’s case was a genuine one. The court directed CBSE to rectify the mistakes in entire record swiftly and issue new certificates with the change accordingly.

For approaching High Court of Punjab and Haryana at Chandigarh for name change, surname or any other clerical mistake, read my master post on the subject only on LegalSeva.

One must give legal representation to CBSE before approaching the courts or initially can serve upon a legal notice asking institute to fulfill their obligation.

Also keep the school authorities in loop for any communication with CBSE because it is only the school who is going to go the changes at ground level and send the information to CBSE.

Rest expert lawyers and advocates who can assist you on the above topic are always available in Chandigarh Panchkula Mohali and nearby regions.

For more info on subject, dial 99888-17966.