CERTIFICATE ISSUED TO SOLDIER AT PAR WITH GRAD DEGREE.
An interested case came up before Punjab Haryana High Court Chandigarh where ex-serviceman who was granted graduate certificate before discharge was to apply for LPG distributionship.
But for applying, the criteria were graduation.
Also Read- AFT Tribunal Orders Can be Challenged in High Court-SC
So before High Court,
Legal proposition was whether this certificate should be treated at par with graduation degree?
Was the graduation certificate given on discharge was only be used for recruitment purpose and no other thing or purpose.
Also Read- AFT Chandigarh and Promotion Matters
Facts of Case:-
- Degree given by Military authority recognised by MHRD (Ministry of Human Resources & Development). It ought to be considered viz degree conferred by other educational institutions.
- Advertisement came on Nov. 20, 2013 for LPG distributionship.
- Field verification committee (FVC) found petitioner don’t have Graduation Certificate.
- Thus candidate was cancelled of petitioner
- Person was relieved from army on March 31, 1994.
Also Read- Punishment of Reprimand by AFT Tribunal
- Certificate titled as (ac) (Graduation Certificate)
- Ex-serviceman (Re-employment in Central civil services and posts) Rules, 1979 deemed to be GC and entitled for appointment for Group C post.
- MHRD notification date April 31, 1996 qualifications recognised for purpose of recruitment to superior post, whose equivalence does not exist, otherwise, can be recognised qualifications for the purpose of employment in central government.
- So the certificate is recognised by MHRD even
Thus the PHHC held “GC” issued by Military Authorities to ex-servicemen before retirement is equivalent to a normal graduation prescribed for getting a LPG distributorship.
Also Read- Appointment Challenged in AFT Tribunal
For case specific advice on EX-SERVICEMEN CASE IN PUNJAB HARYANA HIGH COURT CHANDIGARH, one can contact best/top/service lawyers Advocate in Chandigarh Panchkula Mohali.
More on 99888-17966.