In this post we will discuss about an incident wherein a woman had alleged that a school owner had assaulted her but later on she was held for extortion and blackmailing.
Woman who accused school owner of rape held for extortion.
This is post is regarding the incident which happened on July 7 this year, where the woman had alleged that the school owner and a senior revenue official had raped her at the residence of the former, just a few months after being appointed at the school in 2018
On the date July 7 0f this year that is 2020, the woman had alleged that the school owner and the revenue official had raped her at the residence of the former, just a few months after being appointed assistant librarian at the school in 2018. She had applied for the post of a Hindi teacher. She has also accused the woman principal of the school of helping the accused by harassing and pressuring her.
On her complaint, the school owner, the government official and the principal were booked under Sections 376D (gangrape), 506 (criminal intimidation), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) and 34 (act done by several persons in common intention) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) the same day.
Police said during investigation, it was found that the woman had filed the complaint two days after the school management accused her of extortion, as she was seeking a raise in her salary and other benefits from the school. The SP added that a Special Investigation Team (SIT) was investigating the case as counter- complaints had been filed. He added that the school management had provided text messages and other evidence against the woman and the arrest will help solve the case.
ALSO READ- CYBER CRIME CHANDIGARH PANCHKULA MOHALI
Vinay Bansal, who was advocate of the woman, has refuted the allegations and questioned the working of police. “The police were trying to implicate her to withdraw her gangrape complaint she has filed against school owner and government officer,” he claimed, adding that he was sure that the court will clear her of all the allegations.
He also added that there was no chemical coating on currency notes and police claims of arresting her red-handed were false. He also alleged that a number of other influential people from Karnal were involved in her arrest. A court sent the couple to judicial custody, even as the police pressed hard for their police custody.
ALSO READ- INDIA POLICE ARREST SEVEN IN SUSPECTED RAPE, BLACKMAIL OF TEENAGE GIRL
Section 384 in the Indian Penal Code
- Punishment for extortion.—Whoever commits extortion shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.
Section 389 in the Indian Penal Code
- Putting person in fear of accusation of offence, in order to commit extortion.—Whoever, in order to the committing of extortion, puts or attempts to put any person in fear of an accusation, against that person or any other, of having committed, or attempted to commit an offence punishable with death or with 1[imprisonment for life], or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to ten years, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to ten years, and shall also be liable to fine; and, if the offence be punishable under section 377 of this Code, may be punished with 1[imprisonment for life].
Section 506 in the Indian Penal Code
- Punishment for criminal intimidation.—Whoever commits, the offence of criminal intimidation shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both; If threat be to cause death or grievous hurt, etc.—And if the threat be to cause death or grievous hurt, or to cause the destruction of any property by fire, or to cause an offence punishable with death or 1[imprisonment for life], or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years, or to impute, unchastity to a woman, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, or with fine, or with both.
Section 120B in The Indian Penal Code
1 [120B. Punishment of criminal conspiracy.—
- Whoever is a party to a criminal conspiracy to commit an offence punishable with death, 2[imprisonment for life] or rigorous imprisonment for a term of two years or upwards, shall, where no express provision is made in this Code for the punishment of such a conspiracy, be punished in the same manner as if he had abetted such
- Whoever is a party to a criminal conspiracy other than a criminal conspiracy to commit an offence punishable as aforesaid shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term not exceeding six months, or with fine or with ]
As seen She also accused the principal of being party to the crime, the police said and She also alleged that the accused threatened to frame her husband in drug, rape and other cases if she disclosed the incident to anyone.
Nearly one-and-a-half-months after a woman staffer at a private school accused the owner and a senior official of the revenue department of gangrape, police have arrested her and her husband for taking money to settle the case.
“The woman and her husband have been arrested for taking Rs 7.25 lakh from outside the district court in Sector 12 on Friday and have been booked for extortion. An FIR will be registered under relevant sections,” said Karnal superintendent of police (SP) Surender Bhoria, adding that those she had accused had approached the police, claiming that she was demanding Rs 15 lakh to withdraw her complaint. The SP said police will also seek remand of the couple to recover Rs 6 lakh they had already taken.
“I am being implicated in a false case and have never sought any money,” the woman has said.
As for now Karnal deputy superintendent of police (DSP) Rajiv Kumar said a police team had arrested them in the presence of duty magistrate, while taking the money and they had been booked under Sections 384 (extortion), 389 (putting person in fear of accusation of offence), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 120B (criminal conspiracy) of the IPC.
ALSO READ- WOMAN ‘ACCEPTS’ RS7L TO WITHDRAW RAPE CASE, HELD
This post has been written by Bharti Verma
For case specific advice, please contact best/top/expert crimininal lawyers Advocates in Chandigarh Panchkula Mohali Zirakpur Kharar Derabassi.
For more info contact- 99888-17966.