Chandigarh is definitely a lawyer’s city. You just name the courts and we have it:
1 District Courts Sector 43
2 Punjab & Haryana High Court Sector 1
3 Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) Sector 17
4 Debt Recovery Tribunal (DRT) Sector 17
5 Armed Force Tribunal (AFT) Chandimandir
6 National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) Sector 27
7 District Consumer Forum Chandigarh Sector 19 & Punjab State Consumer Commission Sector 37
8 Punjab Real Estate Regulatory Authority (PRERA) Sector 8
9 Labour Courts Sector 18
Now that Haryana RERA Panchkula and Gurugram Authorities are working splendidly well and resolving complaints as fast as possible (60 Day time limit for disposal of RERA complaints) , let us talk about the RERA Appellate Authority for both Panchkula and Gurugram benches.
10 straight facts about the Authority first :
1 Address of Haryana RERA Appellate Authority for Gurugram & Panchkula- Sco no. 50-51, 3rd Floor, Sector 17 A, Opposite Hotel Park Plaza/Taj. Above Fab India Showroom.
2 Members of the Tribunal– Hon’ble Justice Darshan Singh is heading the Tribunal but Administrative member is yet to be appointed by the Haryana Government (Till the writing of this post).
3 Fees for filing Appeal – Rs 1000/- plus Rs 20 per affidavit and Rs 10 per Annexure.
4 Time-limit to file appeal – 60 days as per Act. In case of delay, application to be moved and delay to be condoned.
5 Office hours – 10am to 4pm . Just like a regular government office. Close on all public holidays as observed by Haryana Government.
6 Phone number– 0172-5006450.Best of luck while you try reaching them for the desired information.
7 Appeal under which Section– Section 44 of the Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA)
- (1) The appropriate Government or the competent authority or any person aggrieved by any direction or order or decision of the Authority or the adjudicating officer may prefer an appeal to the Appellate Tribunal.
(2) Every appeal made under sub-section (1) shall be preferred within a period of sixty days from the date on which a copy of the direction or order or decision made by the Authority or the adjudicating officer is received by the appropriate Government or the competent authority or the aggrieved person and it shall be in such form and accompanied by such fee, as may be prescribed:
Provided that the Appellate Tribunal may entertain any appeal after the expiry of sixty days if it is satisfied that there was sufficient cause for not filling it within that period.
(3) On receipt of an appeal under sub-section (1), the Appellate Tribunal may after giving the parties an opportunity of being heard, pass such orders, including interim orders, as it thinks fit.
(4) The Appellate Tribunal shall send a copy of every order made by it to the parties and to the Authority or the adjudicating officer, as the case may be.
(5) The appeal preferred under sub-section (1), shall be dealt with by it as expeditiously as possible and endeavour shall be made by it to dispose of the appeal within a period of sixty days from the date of receipt of appeal:
Provided that where any such appeal could not be disposed of within the said period of sixty days, the Appellate Tribunal shall record its reasons in writing for not disposing of the appeal within that period.
(6) The Appellate Tribunal may, for the purpose of examining the legality or propriety or correctness of any order or decision of the Authority or the adjudicating officer, on its own motion or otherwise, call for the records relevant to deposing of such appeal and make such orders as it thinks fit.
8 Where to appeal next in case you are dissatisfied with the decision of Haryana Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) At Chandigarh for Gurugram and Panchkula benches – Punjab and Haryana High Court at Chandigarh within 60 days of receiving the judgment.
9 Any free Legal Advice/Opinion on Haryana RERA Panchkula and Gurugram matters – Know your case well and figure out on what grounds you are assailing the RERA Panchkula or RERA Gurugram judgment/order. Do seek the advice of a professional and experienced RERA Advocate.
10 Where to get good/expert/specialised Haryana RERA Advocate/Lawyer/LegalAdvisor for Appeal at Appellate Authority in Chandigarh– Dial 99888-17966 for more info.
Stay tuned for more latest updates, judgments, orders and happenings about RERA Appellate Authority of Panchkula and Gurugram at Chandigarh.