Delay in possession even for a year entitles consumer/ homebuyer to seek refund from the builder.
The same goes true for Ansal Properties & Infrastructure Limited.
The Chandigarh State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission has ordered Ansal to refund Rs. 45, 20,000/- concerning project Victoria Floors, Golf links- II, sector 116 Mohali to the consumer.
Brief Facts of the case:-
- The complainant booked a flat in above said unit and the possession was to be given in April, 2016.
- Once the period expired in April, 2016, the complainant made request for the refund as complainant thought of shifting to flat with family for residence purpose.
- Also, the loan was forwarded to builder by bank for which the liability was fastened upon consumer.
- Despite receiving the entire amount, the builder failed to complete construction, and hand over the unit.
- Builder took the defense that the complainant purchased the unit not for personal use but for commercial purpose which was refused by the consumer court.
Order: Consumer Court ordered complete refund to the consumer and also repay the entire loan amount to bank along with pre-EMI installments if any due.
Also Court directed to pay Rs 75,000/- for causing mental agony & Physical harassment along with Rs. 22,000 as litigation cost.
The expert Real Estate Lawyer Chandigarh/ Panchkula/Mohali will always be at your disposal in case you wish to file consumer complaint against Ansal properties & infrastructure Limited for delay in possession in Victoria Floors, Golf Links-II, Sector 16, Mohali.
For more info, feel free to call- 99888-17966.