Recently in Divorce Appeal by wife at Punjab & Haryana High Court Chandigarh, court allowed the appeal and rejected the Divorce given to husband on account of cruelty.
Basis: – Wife was charged for changes of cruelty as she had filed several complaints against husband on account of Domestic Violence, physical abuse.
Also Read- Irretrievable Break down of Marriage Ground For Divorce
The court opined for the wife that, “She cannot be expected to endure the husband’s Cruel treatment till blue in the face”.
Facts of the Case:-
- Appeal was filed against order dated October 1, 2015 on annulment of her marriage with her husband by a family court in guru gram.
- The lower court ordered in favor of husband on premise of wife filing the cases against husband of Domestic Violence and Physical abuse.
- The marriage happened in May 1992, and the couple had two daughters out of the wedlock. Also Read- False case between Husband Wife
- Both spouses made cross allegations of arrogance, ill-treatment and quarrelsome nature against each other.
- Relying on the version of husband, family courts ordered divorce against the wife.
- That wife cannot be subjected to cruelty and with no other option left to approach authorities for protection.
- Also it is the cardinal rule of matrimonial law that spouses are entitled to consortium of each other.
Also Read- Bringing Past affairs in Marriage is Cruelty
Thus court allowed the wife’s plea
Rest for case specific advice one very connect with Top/Expert / Best Divorce Lawyer of Chandigarh, Panchkula, Mohali.
Also Read- Women’s Rights in India You Should Know!
For more info, dial -9988817966.